The design/build concept was created to reduce the number of separate parties working on a project. With our design/build service at Randy Adams, we are the only company you have to worry about dealing with. With this service, we are able to combine the designing and contracting into one easy step.
By compacting the number of companies in the chain of command, you can be assured that there will be no excuses, no unexpected cost adjustments and no changes to design without your knowledge. When the designer and contractor work together under one roof, you can be sure the final product will be built beautifully and efficiently.
If you are looking to have a project completed in the most effective manner possible, fill out a contact form here, or call us at (573) 489-9803.
Traditional Project Delivery
When you choose a traditional construction method, you are agreeing to deal with two separate entities to deliver you one result at the end of the project. In a traditional project, the owner would work with both a designer and a contractor.
From there, the designer would work with sub-consultants and the contractor would work with subcontractors, which would meet along the way to complete the project.
With this method, you run the risk of disputes between two opposing forces, each one blaming the other for cost overruns or delays in the project.
Design/Build Project Delivery
With the design/build model, we are the only company you work with from start to finish on your project. The designer and the contractor work as a team from the beginning, ensuring they are always on the same page and can take equal responsibility for the entire project.
The designer and contractor work together to problem-solve and provide budget and schedule recommendations to the owner. The result is a faster, cheaper, more efficient process with fewer disputes and better communication.
Benefits of Design/Build:
Design/build is the fastest growing construction method in the United States, and for a good reason. Consolidating the process offers a long list of benefits to the clients, as well as streamlines the process for the construction team.
Some of the most significant benefits of using the design/build process include:
- Having a single point of contact for the duration of the project
- Improved overall quality due to concise communication
- Increased efficiency and reduced overall costs
- Improved project timelines and quicker turnaround
- Controlled risk-management
- Fewer changes, fewer disputes, and fewer claims to delay completion.
The key is in the collaboration. When our designers and contractors work together from the start, both facets of the project are encouraged to innovate and deliver the best product as a team.
Design/build is the clear winner in nearly every important project metric, and its popularity is growing as a result. According to the FMI:
- Design/build projects are anticipated to make up 44% percent of construction spending by 2021.
- Design/build construction spending is anticipated to grow by 18% from 2018 to 2021.
- Manufacturing, education and streets/highways will make up the largest percentage of design/build projects through 2021.
- Survey respondents indicated that some of design/build’s biggest selling points include its delivery schedule, contractor experience, and cost benefits.
- Delivery schedule was the most influential factor for survey respondents who decided to choose design/build.
- Design/build received the highest rating across all project delivery methods according to respondents.
Featured Design/Build Projects:
Some of our design/build projects are featured below. We are happy to accommodate both industrial and commercial construction projects. For more photos of our work, view our company portfolio.
Schedule a Consultation Today
Ready to talk to us about a design/build construction project in the Columbia, MO area? Contact us here, or give us a call at (573) 489-9803 to schedule a full consultation.